Friday, June 14, 2013

Pink on Pink








 entire rig (oldie but goodie, J.Crew--love the idea of pairing THESE with THIS POPOVER for a good print mix), watch (Cartier), cuff (unknown), ring (Lagos), bag (Furla, SPLURGE vs  STEAL), shades (Ray Ban)
This preppy & polished rig is the result of a successful attempt at utilizing what is already in my closet! I have had all of these pieces in my arsenal for a few years now but they definitely felt refreshed when doing a little monochrome print mix (hard to tell, but blouse has a slight pink pinstripe).  Because the all over pink could get a little pop tart, I wanted to make sure the look stayed classic by doing a crisp tucked in blouse, belt, flat sandals and a gold cuff to finish her off.  Just another lesson for us all (especially myself) to creatively work with what we already have....if only I could consistently practice what I preach!
Switching topics, I get asked quite a bit about my hair.  Who cuts it (Shawnee at Voce on Clay--LOVE ), what color do I use, how do I style it, etc.  With that in mind, I wanted to share a product I've been using here as of late that I'm just loving!  The Marco Anti-Frizz Leave in Conditioner with Collagen Color Guard has been my hair savior.  As my hair is getting longer, the months warmer, and my color blonder--my mop top can start to get a little dried out.  This goodness has been protecting the hell outta it and doing my locks just right.  Not to mention Marco himself is such a doll and a majorly talented color connoisseur (trying to justify in my mind taking a trip to LA to have him get a hold of my locks).  I know we're always looking for an easy solution whether it be for dried hair or skin, and this stuff is a goodin'. Alright guys, make it a good one & enjoy your weekend!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

8 comments:

  1. This outfit - you killed it. I love those patterned shorts! And those shoes....I die. I am going to try and recreate this very soon. -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in pink and the background is really lovely!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Beth - I love the print of those shorts!

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cocktail ring and the ruffle collar of your blouse!! Monochromatic looks are my fav right now and this one is at the top of my lust list!

    Classy Chic & Chardonnay
    http://ceislin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, classic, and preppy. Doesn't get much better than this :)

    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need more pink in my life. Love the shorts.
    Allie | A Song to Pass the Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great monocromatic outfit... I love how you combined what you already had in your closet & the result is perfect... I have to try to do that also since I tend to forget what is it inside & go on shopping new pieces when I could have just give a second life to the ones I already own... Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    xoxo Violeta, your Shoegal Out In The World

    www.shoegaloutintheworld.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL